Quality seafood is delicious and good for you, so it makes sense to look for ways to include it in your diet. One easy way to do that is with crumbed prawns, which you can add to a stir-fry or salad and pair with crusty bread for a complete meal.
Prawns are always a favourite for a meal, whether it be an appetizer or the main course of a meal. These simple yet tasty prawns are slightly spicy and easy to make.
Importance of Fresh Ingredients
When preparing crumbed prawns, it’s important to use the freshest of ingredients. Crumbed prawns are one of the most delicious seafood dishes that can be served. They are best enjoyed with crusty bread and a chilled glass of your favourite white wine. Choose prawns that have a shell that is bright orange, and the flesh is white and plump.
Tips on how to make high-quality crumb prawns
Crispy fried prawns are delicious. Here are some basic tips to ensure you achieve a crisp and crunchy crust.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan (or deep fat fryer).
- Season the prawn meat with salt and pepper.
- Cook the prawns in the oil for 4–5 minutes, turning once, until just cooked through. Leave to cool.
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
- Put the flour, egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning in a shallow bowl.
- Coat each prawn in the flour mixture, then dip in the beaten egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet and bake for 8–10 minutes until golden and crisp.
In conclusion, high quality crumbed prawns are the best appetizer. They were full of flavour and texture and were firm but tender. The prawns are better if they were covered in sauce, so an extra spoon of the sauce was essential.